1. Cook a big batch of grain or beans once a week.
2. Drink your coffee and tea black.
3. Remember this HANDy guide to help keep your portion sizes reasonable.
4. Harness the power of secret (healthy) ingredients.
5. Roast instead of fry.
Macey J. Foronda / Via buzzfeed.com
6. Start observing Meatless Mondays.
7. Always pick non-processed snacks.
8. When you’re at a bar or a party, have a glass of water in between every drink.
9. Bring lunch to work at least once a week.
10. Make smarter snacking choices.
11. Eat all the vegetables on your plate before you eat anything else.
Ashley Rodriguez / Via buzzfeed.com
12. Use at least half whole-grain flour in baking recipes.
14. Drink seltzer instead of soda.
15. Eat savory proteins and vegetables for breakfast instead of carbs and sweets.
16. Use smaller plates.
17. When you’re cooking eggs, use twice as many whites as yolks.
18. Eat as many colors as you can every day.
19. Make smart ingredient swaps.
20. Sneak seeds into everything.
21. Have a piece of fruit with breakfast instead of a glass of juice.
22. Try to eat meals that are at least half vegetables.